Traveling to a new destination may present some challenges. But just like the usual trips, the right amount of preparation can spare you from setbacks.
So if you are planning a trip to Brussels, here’s a quick guide to help you organize your travel in advance.
How to Plan an Unforgettable Brussels Tour
Learn About the City
Before going to a new place, it is important to learn about it. Brussels is known as one of the most beautiful European cities. But there’s more to it than just a stunning destination because of its rich and interesting history. In its streets, you’ll sense a unique vibe. It has a lot of brilliant things to offer that walking around the city will already give you so much to appreciate.
Know How to Get Around Brussels
The transport system in Brussels is excellent. It lives up to expectations as it is also known as a modern and efficient city. Getting around it is easy especially if you’ll take the metro. Its train system is always on time and the fares are affordable, too.
If you want an alternative, you can take the bus which also offers an excellent and more affordable way to tour the city.
Explore the Major Sites
When in Brussels, you won’t run out of attractions to visit. But if you want to make sure that you won’t miss the best of what this European city has to offer, you must create your list. This way, you can explore the major sites even if you only have limited hours in Brussels.
Here are some of the top sites that you must check out:
- Royal Palace – you can go here and enjoy free entrance except on Mondays.
- Grand Palace – also visit the City Hall and Museum of the City of Brussels as they are in one location.
- Atomium – this towering structure is 102 metres in height and is the symbol of Brussels.
- The Manneken Pis – a popular tourist spot surrounded by legends, this landmark is located along the Rue de l’Etuve and traces its history back to 1388.
- Belgium’s Royal Museum of Fine Arts – known as one of the largest and best art galleries in the world. Its first collection was set up in 1797 and was originally stored in the old palace of Charles of Lorraine.
Discover its Cuisine
When in Brussels, one of the things that you shouldn’t miss is the local cuisine. It is famous for its beer, chocolates, fries, cookie butter, and many more. Definitely, there are lots of gastronomic finds that you should try when in the city. Some of the must-try foods are as follows:
- Belgian hot chocolate – get a serving of a tall glass of hot milk, sugar cubes, and a small cup filled with Belgian chocolate morsels which you’ll melt in the milk.
- Moules frites – mussels and fries which can be served with vegetables and white wine.
- Dame blanche – huge scoops of vanilla ice cream topped with melted, Belgian dark chocolate.
- Waffles – your trip to Brussels won’t be complete without getting a taste of their waffles. It would be impossible to miss its aroma especially while in the city’s center. Good news is, you can have it not just for breakfast but as an all-day treat!
- Carbonnade flamande – care for a hearty and creamy stew that’s perfect for Brussels weather? Try this famous dish. It is basically tender beef simmered in a rich Belgian beer sauce.
Of course, an essential that you should not miss when planning a trip to Brussels is your travel document. Come 2021, ETIAS Visa will be for strict implementation. This travel document will be required for those who will travel to Europe.
For assistance on ETIAS Visa application, you can send us your inquiry so we can provide the assistance you need.